Pemollow

THYB on Facebook

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eidul Adha Faraway So Close


Assalamualaikum. Hye.



Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Sekali lagi raya korban tanpa famili di sisi tetapi boleh saja nak skype cuma line internetlah tak berapa nak ok kalau chat pun boleh terputus apatah skype.

Yes. this year is the second year of my study, second year of celebrating eidul adha with friends, and second time of turning one year older by myself.

It's not that bad actually.

Orang melayu kata, jauh bau bunga, dekat bau tahi. Maknanya olfactory cells tengah celaru la tu. Macam mana benda bau dari jauh wangi bila dekat jadi busuk?

Yeah things become better now. More familiar with Egypt, although my sense of direction and communication don't seem to improve (yet, just yet) but I can live. God wills it.

The picture above is several years in the past. I don't have the latest family pictures with all the members. I think I don't have it. Oh Sorry to my brinlaw (brother-in-law shortened word included by OXFORD since March 2010) because you're not in that picture. I want to take your picture from your facebook but it sounds more like stealing rather than taking. So I just take the past year's photo instead.

What is the difference to be around family and to be around friends?

I think I am an eyesore and earsore. Since I am not that pretty to be looked at, and I like to sing but my voice is very not Avril Lavigne so it's quite hard to please all of them at once without hurting some or being hurt by some. Truth be told, I am very well behaved since if I mess up, I am screwed.

But with family, I can be as annoying as I can, even more than most, without worrying of being hated. Yeah hatred exists even between family members but blood is thicker than water. Blood even contains what water doesn't. It has haemoglobin to bind oxygen so that we can live. In its plasma, blood contains even water itself, by 95% or such, just to mention.

So please value family more than anything. I understand if you are saying that somehow you are closer to friends. I know it's awkward to express love to mom and dad. Even to say thanks for a plate of rice is so making the air smells awkward. But with friend's mom, we say terima kasih makcik until the makcik herself feels uncomfortable with her own son who doesn't know gratitude as well as we do.

Don't worry. Our family knows us well enough. Have the regular fights, quarrels, and whatever just remember to include them in our prayers. Of course we can pray for our friends too. Allah's kind and generous. We can pray even for our pets. HE can bless'em all.

Yes truth be told I am one of the unlucky person who don't know how to express love to family. I only know how to be sometimes good sometimes (or actually most of the time) bad.

Regardless. Selamat Hari Raya Qurban. Maaf Zahir Batin. Nak feeling2 sikit sebenarnya tak sedar dah termelalut pulak. Oklah nanti aku tepek gambar suasana raya di sini kalau sempat tangkap gambarlah. Hehe.

p/s :: brinlaw is merely a joke.

raya raya raya okbai

Thanks for reading. Bye ;)

7 comments:

h.u.m.a.n - e.n.g.i.n.e.e.r said...

Tecer hampir percaya the term brinlaw. Memang dah bajet habes entry nih nak google oxford. Ceihhh!


Salam eiduladha! Makan daging unta ingat orang di Malaysia (ryhme)

yui92 said...

@h.u.m.a.n - e.n.g.i.n.e.e.r hehe... suka2 hati ja fitnah oxford kan? pagi raya plak tu =p

Muhammad Faris 'Azim said...

pereka perkataan baru si solihin. :)

yui92 said...

@Muhammad Faris 'Azim nnti nak jadi linguist =p=p

Muhammad Iqbal said...

selamat hari raya..

Gigi Monster said...

solihin,

kalau aku tak baca komen tecer, aku pun percaya...

xD

yui92 said...

@Gigi Monster sila berhati2 =p